About the Company
Our client is a global leader within Freight Forwarding in the World. They are looking for a Ocean Freight Manager, Gateway & Product Solution to join their Ocean Freight team in Singapore.
Sub-Regional Ocean Freight Director, Southeast Asia
- SG carrier and NVOCC engagement and development.
- Procurement, pricing and quotation for spot quotes, local charges and RFQ.
- Sales support by meeting customers along with sales for medium size customers.
- Management of loss files and review.
- Volume development.
- Implementation of new business and LCL optimisation.
- Set up of gateway and consolidation platform for LCL.
- To develop the overall product strategy and direction for the Ocean Freight Forwarding product in accordance and alignment with the country strategy.
- Advise on key decisions relating to the business activities for the Ocean Freight department, in consultation with senior management when necessary.
- Oversee locally the development of new Ocean Freight business, including the commercial policy and future strategic business direction.
- Handle tender and pricing requests from Network, Agents and internal stakeholders.
- Ocean Freight Procurement, sourcing and negotiating for competitive price-structure.
- Report preparation and submission (various assigned reports).
- The Ocean Freight Manager, Gateway & Product Solution will work closely with Ocean Freight Director – SEA in setting up of Container Freight Station CFS).
What they are looking for
- Are you a result oriented, competent Ocean Freight Manager, Gateway & Product Solution?
- Educated to a minimum of Diploma in Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or equivalent work experience in the logistics field.
- At least 10 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Managers specializing in Logistics/Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Competency or experience in CargoWise, EDI & DG preferred
- Good communicator, influencer and negotiator.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits sound business acumen and business development skills.
- Independent and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Pro-active and aggressive towards Sales.
Why apply for these roles?
- Our client is a global leader within Freight Forwarding in the World.
- The Ocean Freight Manager, Gateway & Product Solution will play a key part of the Ocean Freight team – your impact will be felt regionally.
- The company has a firm commitment to ongoing professional development and opportunities for career progression are excellent.
- The company prides itself on its commitment to teamwork – you will be part of a highly collaborative team.
- Their remuneration package is competitive with the market.