About the Company
Our client is a world-renowned brand within retail / consumer electronics / home appliances sector. They are looking for a Privacy Advisor within their legal team in Singapore as a Privacy subject-matter expert and take on privacy compliance matters.
- Working as part of the Legal Compliance & Ethics Global Privacy Team in the Company’s Legal Department in Singapore, the Privacy Advisor will take lead on privacy compliance matters and activities across Company’s business and operations, in particular within their Research, Design and Development (RDD) function.
- The Privacy Advisor will also have the opportunity to support on other global projects and initiatives as well as regional activity.
- As a subject matter expert, provide prompt and professional privacy compliance advice to stakeholders across all of company’s business and operations, with a focus on product development within RDD.
- The Privacy Advisor will act as the first point of contact for privacy-related matters escalated by stakeholders in RDD. This includes supporting stakeholders with the resolution of potential privacy incidents.
- Support the Global Privacy Team’s ongoing privacy compliance activities. This includes undertaking privacy assessments with stakeholders, planning and undertaking visits to Company’s sites and offices to assess privacy compliance and delivering training.
- Proactively monitor and analyse evolving laws, rules, regulations and guidance to help the company maintain compliance and strategic alignment.
What they are looking for
- Are you a Privacy subject-matter expert, Privacy Advisor or experienced in a legal, compliance, auditing, risk management or governance role with 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience?
- Strong knowledge of privacy and data protection laws and requirements in product development, including the 'Internet of Things' connected environment as well as the privacy implications of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
- Appropriate qualification (e.g. CIPM, CIPP/E or CIPP/A) will be preferred.
- Strong stakeholder management skills – ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders regionally or globally.
- Confidence in interpreting and applying legislation, advising on compliance requirements or working with risk or governance frameworks, policies or procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why apply for these roles?
- Our client is a world-renowned brand within retail / consumer electronics / home appliances sector.
- Our client offers a fun, vibrant, bonded and supportive working environment in their Singapore and you will be part of a highly collaborative team across globally.
- This is a great opportunity that work closely with manufacturing and R&D - leading edge work, where you will be on the cusp of consumer electronics as smart homes and devices impact on privacy to their cutting-edge technologies and cool products.
- You will play a key part of the team regionally and globally.
- The company has a firm commitment to ongoing professional development, leadership opportunities, career progression and advancement within the Company’s Legal team.
- The company perks include free food in their Singapore office and opportunities to travel.
- Their remuneration package comes competitive salaries, transport allowance and bonuses.