About the Company
Our client is an established global Commodities company. They are looking for Procurement Manager, Energy to join their team to manage the assigned Energy commodity.
Head, Operation Procurement
- The Procurement Manager will strategically manage the assigned Energy Commodity (Coal and/or Diesel) to support the mills globally.
- Lead a proactive, collaborative and communicative process to select, manage, establish strong partnerships and relationships with external counterparties and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure cost, quality, delivery, reliability and technical performance while achieving both tactical and strategic goals.
- Be well-versed in the life cycle of a commercial trade/ deal and must have prior hands-on experiences in most of these activities.
- Be proficient in identifying, qualifying and establishing new vendors, striving to meet and exceed our customers' quality requirements for the chemical commodities.
- Effective and efficient communicator to senior management and external counterparties from diverse global locations.
- Take a global lead role in overseeing the Energy purchases across all mills to develop a commodity strategy which is in line with global strategy.
- Evaluate long term joint ventures, acquisitions or make-vs-buy evaluation models etc concerning our Energy portfolio to better secure our raw materials.
- Manage, inspire and lead the Energy team.
- Any other ad-hoc activities as assigned by reporting manager.
What they are looking for
- Are you an experienced Procurement Manager with excellent leadership and communication skills?
- Educated to bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Business Management / Supply Chain or equivalent from an accredited college/university; Masters would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of direct procurement and / or raw materials trading experience.
- Managed at least a P&L trading book or Procurement spend of USD100 million per year.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A team player in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Chinese due to regular communication with colleagues, associates, and suppliers in China.
- Past overseas working experience and experience with managing a small team would be an advantage.
Why apply for these roles?
- Our client is an established Commodities company with offices and plants globally.
- This Procurement Manager will play a key part of the procurement team – your impact will be felt regionally and globally.
- The company has a firm commitment to ongoing professional development and opportunities for career progression are excellent.
- The company prides itself on its commitment to teamwork – you will be part of a highly collaborative team.
- Their remuneration package is competitive with the market.