About the Company
Our client is a global mining and steel company. They are looking for a Shipping Operation Manager to join their team in Singapore.
Head of Operations
- The Shipping Operation Manager will facilitating trade flow, concluding sales contracts and oversee the day-to-day operations of shipments to Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia and China.
- Liaise with clients to conclude the terms of Sales Contract, and take charge of full process from issuance of Letter of Credits, schedule shipments, updating clients of cargo/vessel schedules, updating spreadsheets, process shipping documents, generating invoice from SAP, and coordinating with shipping department for Laytime Calculations at discharge port.
- Assisting the respective Director of Sales with all contractual and commercial matters.
- Coordination, performance and optimization of contractual terms in Sales Contacts.
- Business communications with customers to bring about smooth trade flow, cordial mutual cooperation, and sustain long-term working relationship.
- For FOB shipments with Letter of Credit payment term, to ensure that Letter of Credit issued by Buyers are in accordance to contractual terms, then to follow up with their vessel nominations within the shipment laycan for optimal performance of shipments.
- Issue shipping instructions to ensure accurate issuance of shipping documentation at Load Port in compliance with requirements by clients and L/C.
- Process Conexsys System for generating Sales Contract, Issuing Commercial Invoice, Debit Notes / Credit Notes, Letter of Credit Details, upload Sales Contract and Letter of Credit to the system.
- Instill and comply with proper operations and reporting procedure in accordance to management requirements.
- Coordination for concluding/signing of contracts, invoice, and Debit/Credit Notes.
What they are looking for
- Are you a hands-on Shipping Operation Manager with at least 5 years of experience in handling shipping documents?
- Educated to Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or any other related fields.
- A hard-worker and a team player with good communication skills.
- Knowledge in SAP will be an added advantage.
- Understand and experience in Letter of Credit added advantage.
- Able to converse in Mandarin to liaise with partners and associates in China.
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- A fast learner with good working attitude.
Why apply for these roles?
- Our client is one of the global leaders in Mining & Steel industry.
- Our client offers a closely bonded and collaboratively working environment.
- Shipping Operation Manager will play a key part of a growing company.
- The company has a firm commitment to ongoing professional development, leadership opportunities, career progression and advancement within the Company.
- Their remuneration package comes competitive salaries.