About the Company
Our client is a top global Freight Forwarder in Europe and the World. They are looking for a Booking Manager to join their Ocean Freight team in Singapore.
- The Booking Manager will lead and manage the booking operations to achieve the operations key performance metrics and the required service standards.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of operational KPIs are met.
- Fulfil and exceed customers’ deliverables and requirements.
- Develop and Implement continuous Improvement Plan for the booking team.
- Monitor and analyze P&L of the operations, establish business controls, and provide solutions to minimize cost and increase revenue. Deliver YOY savings and all other Financial performance KPIs.
- Works collaboratively with client and internal stakeholders to assure operational effectiveness and exceed customer expectations.
- Planning, organizing, and managing staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company's standards.
- Directing investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints.
- Manage customer’s bookings promptly.
- Liaise with carriers for bookings.
- Manage customer’s OTM.
- Daily reporting as per client’s requirement.
- Prepare Bill of Lading and arrange for customs clearance permit.
- Submit shipping instructions to carriers.
- Arrange for Form D.
- Ensuring revenue and cost in systems and timely billing.
- Send Pre-Alert to customer’s end consignee.
- Other functions as assigned by Manager.
What they are looking for
- Are you a dynamic Shipping Manager / Booking Manager within Freight Forwarding industry?
- Educated with a Diploma / University degree or equivalent with a minimum 7 years’ experience with Freight Forwarders.
- Solid knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Transportation Industry and Logistics.
- Understanding of the local freight market (carriers and subcontractors) preferred.
- Good Customer Service Skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Prior leadership and supervisory experience as a Booking Manager / Shipping Manager is required.
- Good leadership skills and able to work well with team members.
Why apply for these roles?
- Our client is a top global Freight Forwarder in Europe and the World. You will play a key part of the Road Freight team – your impact will be felt regionally.
- The company has a firm commitment to ongoing professional development and opportunities for career progression are excellent.
- The company prides itself on its commitment to teamwork – you will be part of a highly collaborative team.
- Their remuneration package is competitive with the market.