About the Company
Our client is a top Supply Chain / Logistics provider in Europe and the World. They are looking for a Transport Manager to join their team in Singapore.
Road Freight Manager
- Manage vendors to successfully deploy prime movers to perform high volume transportation
- Fulfil and exceed customers’ deliveries and requirements
- Lead and manage the logistics operations to achieve the operations key performance metrics and the required service standards.
- Implement Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) and all other business compliance standards for the respective Operations.
- Accountable to ensure a safe work environment and continuous improvement in HSE processes.
- Deliver KPI targets for Operations: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity.
- Develop and Implement continuous Improvement Plan for the Operations.
- Monitor and analyse P&L of the operations, establish business controls, and provide solutions to minimize cost and increase revenue. Deliver YOY savings and all other Financial performance KPIs.
- Defines requirements for operation and ensures the implementation of new strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed requirements & customer expectations. Effectively balance capacity with customer-demand and workload.
- Responsible for Customer satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with client and internal stakeholders to assure operational effectiveness and exceed customer expectations.
- Directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation vehicles
- Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company's standards.
- Directing investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
- Ensuring revenue and cost in systems and timely billing
- Back up team members on Public Holidays and weekends as required.
What they are looking for
- Are you an experienced Transport Manager with excellent leadership skills and the ability to supervisor and train staffs?
- Educated to a minimum of Diploma in Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or equivalent work experience in the logistics field.
- Proven and Minimum 5-10 years’ work experience as a Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager or similar role.
- Solid knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Transportation Industry and Logistics
- Experience in preparing and tracking orders.
- Excellent organizational skills and good conflict resolution skills.
Why apply for these roles?
- Our client is a top Supply Chain / Logistics provider in Europe and the World. You will play a key part of the Road Freight team – your impact will be felt regionally.
- The company has a firm commitment to ongoing professional development and opportunities for career progression are excellent.
- The company prides itself on its commitment to teamwork – you will be part of a highly collaborative team.
- Their remuneration package is competitive with the market.